Athletes from the East Kootenay Track and Field Club hit the ground running in Trail at the West Kootenay Zone Royal Canadian Legion Outdoor Track Meet.
On May 4 eight athletes from the local club took part in the event that saw them bring back 30 ribbons and three new meet records.
- Cole Renzie, 8: third in 60m hurdles, 60m dash, 100m dash, high jump and long jump.
- Alaina Hadford, 9: first in the high jump; second in 60m hurdles and 100m dash.
- Kara Renzie, 10: second in 60m dash, 100m dash and 600m run.
- Ashton Jolin, 10: first in the high jump, 100m dash, long jump and shot put.
- Ludovica Hadford, 11: fourth in the long jump; second in high jump and 80m hurdles.
- Kieran Shankowsky, 12: first in the high jump (new meet record), 80m hurdles, long jump, 100m dash and 300m dash.
- Emma Murtagh, 19: first in the long jump (new meet record), 100m dash, 200m dash and javelin.
- Jim Johnson, 68: first in 1,500m run, javelin and discus (new meet record).
There were 103 athletes who took part in the event and enjoyed the weather.