For the Townsman
Cranbrook RCMP responded to 154 calls for service over the past week, November 28 (6 a.m.) to December 5 (6 a.m.), according to a press release from the detachment.
• Three impaired cases were reported, Two 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions were issued to drivers, including a 30-day impound of vehicle. One 24-hour suspension was issued.
• One Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle was issued.
The Cranbrook RCMP continues to be on the lookout for impaired drivers this Holiday Season and urges the public to be vigilant in reporting suspected impaired drivers to police. The police often can intercept a suspicious vehicle within minutes of the report.
• See Page 1 for collision report.
• Eight mental health calls were reported. No one was apprehended.
• There were three assaults: Two common assaults and one assault of a police officer.
• Nine thefts were reported — three shoplifting incidents, three thefts from vehicles, and three thefts under $5,000.
• There were tthree break-and-enters reported — One to business and two residential.
• There were seven reports of property damage/mischief.
• There were 13 false alarms/false 911 complaints.
• Four people were arrested for intoxication in public place.
• There were nine incidents of Causing Disturbance/Breach of Peace.
• Five incidents of Harassing Communications were reported.