The Cranbrook RCMP responded to 141 calls for service last week from March 6 to March 13, according to a press release sent from the detachment.
• RCMP took two alcohol-impaired drivers off the road.
• Two collisions were reported; one inside city limits and one outside of town. The accidents resulted in minor vehicle damage and/or minor injury.
• Two hit and runs were reported. Both included minor damage and both occurred in parking lots.
• Eight Mental Health calls were reported; one individual was apprehended, and RCMP also assisted in two cases at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
• Six assault complaints were reported: three were domestic in nature, with one person arrested in each incident; one assault was unfounded; one involved an assault on a police officer in the cell block. In all these cases, a person was arrested and is facing assault charges.
• Several thefts were reported: three were shoplifting incidents; one was a report of a motor vehicle theft, later investigated and proved to be unfounded; two were thefts from motor vehicles – a set of expensive chef knives was stolen, some loose change — the doors were unlocked; another theft was over money and a dispute over payment; and a garage rummaged through in another incident. One stolen vehicle from Calgary was recovered on Gold Creek Road.
• No break and enters to businesses were reported. However, there was one break and enter into residence: a neighbour heard loud noises from vacant residence, Police attended and found nothing out of the ordinary.
• There were three reports of property damage: two complaints of reports of damage to vehicles,other was report to property lighting
• On call was to an Arson resport, which turned out to be a controlled burn.
• There were three drug seizures of marijuana.
• There were 11 false alarms/false 911 complaints over the past week.
Police are warning to the public that there has been an increase in thefts from vehicles. RCMP encouraging people to lock the doors to vehicles parked outside and secure your residences.