Since 2006, communities across Canada have vied for the Kraft Hockeyville competition, a contest which airs on Hockey Night in Canada.
The winning community gets:
• $100,000 dedicated to upgrading their local home arena;
• A Hockey Night in Canada broadcast in their community;
• An NHL pre-season game hosted in their community arena.
The remaining communities in the Top 5 receive:
• $25,000 dedicated to upgrading their local home arena;
• A Hockey Night in Canada broadcast in their community.
With the Marysville Arena upgrade so much in the news lately, the contest seems a perfect fit. A Marysville Arena group has alreday been formed at krafthockeyville.cbc.ca and stories of how the arena has played in the lives of residents are being entered.
The first round of winners, eight from eastern Canada and eight from the west, will be announced on March 8, 2014.
Before then, communities show their spirit by uploading stories and images to the website. A community’s stories are a factor in determining whether they will make the Top 16, so share something that will grab attention. The more interest generated in the community and the more content uploaded, the better the chance you have of making it into the Top 16.
Visit krafthockeyville.cbc.ca to share your Marysville Arena memories through stories, photos and video.