The Kimberley Business Excellence Award finalists have been announced. The Awards Gala will be held at the Kimberley Conference & Athlete Training Centre on Saturday, October 24. Tickets are $40 and include a fantastic dinner with wine and dessert. The Gala begins at 6 p.m.
This event offers great atmosphere to share the success the Kimberley business community, as well was a panel discussion with local businesses owners about marketing ideas and overcoming challenges.
• Home Business of the Year Award: Kara Clarke Designs, Harmony Hair, Moody Bee, Meadowsweet Wellness & Yoga.
• Environmental Stewardship Excellence Award: Kimberley Centex, Tipi Mountain Native Plants, Root For Me, Kimberley Riverside Campground.
• Employee of the Year Award: Natasha Norton, Sonya Nash, Sabrina Park, Melanie Kostiuk, and Jack Bolger.
• Youth Friendly Business Award: Burrito Grill, Grubstake Pizza, Spirit Rock, Snowdrift Café.
• Retail Business of the Year Award: Arrow & Axe, Kimberley Centex, Flowers Galore Gifts & More, Bavarian Home Hardware.
• Professional Services Excellence Award: Toni Lepore Accounting, Creekside Physiotherapy, Gray's Compound Pharmacy, Rockies LawCreative.
• Professional Excellence Award: Flowers Galore Gifts & More, Go Kimberley, Velvet & Ginger, Creative Type.
• BC Community Booster Award: Green Door Catering, Jim Webster, Rotary Club, Kimberley Arts Council.
• Tradesperson-Contractor of the Year Award: Meadowbrook Motors, Tyee Custom Homes, Stonewall Fire, LX Electric.
• Food & Beverage Industry Excellence Award: Pedal & Tap, Hearbeet Vegetarian Bistro, Sullivan Pub, The Old Bauernhaus Restaurant.
• Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Bohemian Spirits, Rustic Hutch, Steam Donkey Coffee, Arrow & Axe.
• Tourism Excellence Award: Kimberley Underground Mining Railway Society, Kimberley Trails Society, Kimberley Riverside Campground, Kimberley Arts Council.
• Business of the Year Award: Kimberley Centex, Creekside Physiotherapy, Kimberley City Bakery, The Green Door.