- Du Toit remains within striking distance at RBC Canadian Open
- Renowned artist holding show at arts gallery
- Bugle band wins second place at Stampede
- Fire department should have been dispatched; RDEK
- The week on the beat
- Alcohol-involved MVAs are way up: RCMP
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Ottawa police deny Sidney Crosby arrested
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - Ottawa police are denying a published report that they arrested NHL superstar Sidney Crosby.
QMI Agency quoted sources as saying the Pittsburgh Penguins captain was arrested late Tuesday while driving a rented Porsche.
The report said the reason for the arrest was unknown but that it appeared to be "driving related."
The Ottawa police duty desk told The Canadian Press: "It never happened."
Ottawa police Chief Charles Bordeleau also tweeted that the police "have had no dealings with Mr. Crosby."