- Bandits celebrate American Legion season with team awards
- Kimberley locks out workers
- Former Ice captain commits to University of Saskatchewan
- Another attack by loose dog has neighbours angry
- Chynoweth: CHL must level import draft playing field
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
White Rock, B.C., murder victim identified
By The Canadian Press
WHITE ROCK, B.C. - A 22-year-old man is facing murder and assault charges in the slaying of a man in White Rock, B.C., on Sunday.
Jeffrey Caille was expected to appear in Surrey Provincial Court Tuesday after being remanded into custody.
Police have identified 61-year-old Bruce Ridout as the victim who was found dead in a home after reports of a fight.
Two other females were also found injured and were transferred to hospital for treatment.
Staff Sgt. Jennifer Pound, with the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, says a police investigation is underway but they won't be releasing further details.
Caille has been charged with one count of second-degree murder, one count of assault causing bodily harm and two counts of assault.
Ridout's autopsy was also scheduled for Tuesday.