- New chaplain joins EKRH Spiritual Care Program
- The Lives Of Lucy
- KIJHL: Stuart bolsters Nitros ahead of camp
- The Book Of Man And Woman, Through Song And Satire
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Vancouver police seek man after beach assault
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Vancouver Police want to find a man who exposed himself to a 13-year-old girl at Vancouver's English Bay beach.
Investigators say the incident happened Wednesday afternoon when the girl was visiting the beach with friends, but had been briefly left alone.
Const. Brian Montague says the man approached and began a conversation, asking the girl several personal questions.
Although the teen reports she was uncomfortable and tried to ignore the man, she says he continued the inappropriate conversation and then exposed himself to her.
The teen alerted a lifeguard and police were called, but found no trace of the suspect, described as about 40, 5"8" tall and around 190 pounds, with a tattoo on his left upper arm.
Montague says the man told the girl he was born in Italy and had recently returned from that country, and police want to talk to anyone who may have seen the July 2 incident or recognizes the man's description.