- Bandits end season on winning note
- Suspect arrested after Canadian Tire theft
- Kennel club promotes annual show
- Singletrack 6 race cycles through Cranbrook
- The week on the beat
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Richmond, B.C., man accused of killing wife
By The Canadian Press
RICHMOND, B.C. - A 41-year-old Richmond man has been charged with murdering his wife.
Jian Hau Wu was arrested Sunday and appeared in court Monday on a charge of second-degree murder.
Police say they were called to the apartment complex where Wu was living with his wife.
Residents who were evacuated from the building yesterday won't be allowed to return to their apartments until police finish processing the scene, which is expected to happen Tuesday.
RCMP say alcohol and drugs were not factors in the death, and police records did not show a history of violence.
The police haven't released the woman's name because they say her family members live overseas and they have not been located.