- Ice fall short in Lethbridge barnburner
- Arts Council hosting ManWoman retrospective
- Cranbrook theatre season debuts with ‘Lucy’
- SD5 board complains of ‘unreasonably’ tight deadlines
- It’s the microphone’s fault! Sad!
- Blessing Creation and its Creatures
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Accident claims lives of two young men
tragic accident just outside Cranbrook claimed the lives of two young adults early Friday morning, March 4.
RCMP say a third young person was sent to Calgary Foothills Hospital with serious injuries. As of press time there was no report on his condition.
The BC Coroner’s Service confirmed the identities of the two victims of the crash as 19-year-old Levi Mackay Robertson and 17-year-old Brennan Troy Johnson, both of Cranbrook. Robertson was the driver of the pickup truck with Johnson being one of the passengers.
Cranbrook RCMP were called to a motor vehicle accident on Gold Creek Road shortly after 1 a.m. on Friday, March 4. Initial reports indicate that the pickup truck was travelling northwest on Gold Creek Road, went off road right and ended up striking a tree. Once on scene it was determined that the two young men had died as a result of the accident. The third to Calgary Foothills Hospital.
Police cannot speak to a cause or contributing factors as this tragic incident continues to be investigated.
Gold Creek Road in the area of 37th Street was closed off to the public early Friday morning but was reopened.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact local RCMP.