- Cranbrook man convicted of 1994 triple slaying hopes new DNA tests clear him
- New agency to fund wildlife conservation
- Kootenay Ice to select second overall at 2017 WHL Bantam Draft
- ‘I’ll bring it back when I’m done’
- Sewer system strained with ground water
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Road near Kimberley marred by illegal dumping
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is seeking information concerning illegal dumping that took place on Houle Road near Kimberley. Sometime between Aug. 8 and Aug 16., somebody dumped a quantity of dirt, wood, cement and garbage at the 1 km mark of Houle Road. The garbage included old computer keyboards, a Singer sewing machine, books and other debris.
This type of behaviour affects everybody in the area, since it can damage our environment and it costs money to clean up the site. Anyone found dumping illegally may face substantial fines.
If anybody has information about the Houle Road incident or any other illegal dumping, they are asked to call the Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) line at 1 877 952-7277 or FrontCounter BC in Cranbrook at 250 426-1766.