- Arts Council hosting ManWoman retrospective
- Cranbrook theatre season debuts with ‘Lucy’
- SD5 board complains of ‘unreasonably’ tight deadlines
- It’s the microphone’s fault! Sad!
- Blessing Creation and its Creatures
- Mount Baker Boys Fabulous on Wednesday
- COTR Avalanche warm up in Red Deer
- Nitros rock Golden at home
- Ice coach forecasts challenging weekend
- Our Town
East Kootenay Track & Field Club represent at Youth Track & Field Championships
Two Cranbrook track athletes will represent the East Kootenay Track and Field Club at the Legion Youth Track and Field Championships in Langley, B.C. this weekend.
Dayne Aasland and Justin Marsh will both compete in the pentathlon, which consists of 100-metre hurdles, long jump, shot put, high jump and the 1,000-metre run.
The pentathlon is slated for Aug. 17 at 9:30 a.m. (Mountain).
The East Kootenay Track and Field Club worked extremely hard this year and came up with some excellent results. A number of athletes have had great success at the high school and club levels, breaking into provincial rankings and putting track and field on the map in Cranbrook and the East Kootenays. The track community across the province has been shown there are good things happening here.
Results speak volumes this season and the East Kootenay Track and Field Club is looking to build off the successes of 2014 in order to carry the momentum into the 2015 season.