- Dynamiters and Ghostriders series tied after first weekend
- Avalanche women earn fourth place finish at Provincials
- Alexa Koshman named PACWEST tournament all-star
- More than $300,000 worth of pot seized in grow op bust
- First witness on stand for Bountiful trial
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Ice add Wahl as sales director
The Kootenay Ice announced the hiring of Chris Wahl as the club’s new director of sales and public relations Wednesday morning.
Wahl, a native of North Vancouver, joins the club after an extensive history in the BCHL. The 29-year-old spent the 2013-14 season as the director of media relations for the Surrey Eagles. Prior to his time with the Eagles, Wahl was with the Trail Smoke Eaters from 2011 through 2013.
Living in the Cranbrook area until he was 14 years old, Wahl has fond memories of watching the team in its infancy. That makes this like a homecoming for the newest member of the Ice office staff.
“The team has been really near and dear to me ever since I left,” Wahl said. “It’s an unbelievable honour to come back. I’m thrilled and I can’t wait to get started.”
In addition to the hiring of Wahl, the Ice also announced the hiring of Don MacMillan as a sales consultant.
MacMillan, who is also a bylaw officer with the City of Cranbrook, previously spent a decade with the club from 1998 to 2008.
“We feel very fortunate to add two quality people to our organization in such important areas (sales and public relations),” said Ice president/GM Jeff Chynoweth in a team press release. “There is a lot of work yet to be done before the regular season starts in September, but I am confident that between Chris and Don we will not take a step backwards.”
Wahl replaces Kaytee Wheaton, who resigned from the club in July to take a position with Royal LePage East Kootenay Realty.