- Cranbrook man convicted of 1994 triple slaying hopes new DNA tests clear him
- New agency to fund wildlife conservation
- Kootenay Ice to select second overall at 2017 WHL Bantam Draft
- ‘I’ll bring it back when I’m done’
- Sewer system strained with ground water
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Bighorn sheep die at Elk Valley mine
Five bighorn sheep were discovered dead at Teck's Greenhills mine on Tuesday, July 15.
The mining company sent out a news release Wednesday morning saying that it is looking into the incident at its mine near Elkford.
"Teck Coal Ltd. is working with the Ministry of Environment to investigate the death of five bighorn sheep discovered at its Greenhills Operations on July 15," said the news release issued by Nic Milligan, Teck's manager of community and aboriginal affairs.
"Teck Coal takes this incident very seriously and is working closely with ministry officials to determine the cause of death and prevent future incidents from occurring."
No further information about the incident was available at time of print.