- Cougars victorious in rare Cranbrook visit
- Impaired driving still a concern in Q3 crime stats
- Cranbrook RCMP nab suspect in stolen vehicle
- RCMP debut mental health liaison officer
- Grand Slam season centres on Cranbrook
- The 1980s come roaring back
- Talks break down: KSCU, union set for job action
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Bighorn sheep die at Elk Valley mine
Five bighorn sheep were discovered dead at Teck's Greenhills mine on Tuesday, July 15.
The mining company sent out a news release Wednesday morning saying that it is looking into the incident at its mine near Elkford.
"Teck Coal Ltd. is working with the Ministry of Environment to investigate the death of five bighorn sheep discovered at its Greenhills Operations on July 15," said the news release issued by Nic Milligan, Teck's manager of community and aboriginal affairs.
"Teck Coal takes this incident very seriously and is working closely with ministry officials to determine the cause of death and prevent future incidents from occurring."
No further information about the incident was available at time of print.