- Cranbrook man convicted of 1994 triple slaying hopes new DNA tests clear him
- New agency to fund wildlife conservation
- Kootenay Ice to select second overall at 2017 WHL Bantam Draft
- ‘I’ll bring it back when I’m done’
- Sewer system strained with ground water
- First witness on stand for Bountiful trial
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Manic Monday in Cranbrook
- Our Town
Cranbrook down to two labs
One of three laboratories in Cranbrook is closing its doors later this month.
The Interior Health laboratory located inside the F.W. Green Clinic will close down on July 25 when the clinic moves to its new location in the Baker Street Mall in downtown Cranbrook.
The laboratory is not moving to the new location.
Interior Health announced the closure on Wednesday, July 2 in a public service announcement.
"Interior Health is currently exploring long-term options for laboratory services for local residents," reads the announcement.
Instead, patients who need to have bloodwork done or other outpatient laboratory services are being asked to go to the lab at East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
At the moment, the lab inside the hospital is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
With the closure of the Green Clinic lab, Interior Health is extending those hours to 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday to keep up with the increased patient load.
“Interior Health will provide the community with updates on laboratory services when we have additional information,” the public service announcement reads.
The only other laboratory in Cranbrook is located inside the Associate Medical Clinic on 10th Avenue South near the post office.
The F.W. Green Clinic is splitting into two separate, smaller medical centres and relocating this summer to the newly renovated Baker Street Mall location, where Giant Tiger used to be located.