- Cranbrook man convicted of 1994 triple slaying hopes new DNA tests clear him
- New agency to fund wildlife conservation
- Kootenay Ice to select second overall at 2017 WHL Bantam Draft
- ‘I’ll bring it back when I’m done’
- Sewer system strained with ground water
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Driver crashes through house
A 19-year old Cranbrook woman is facing impaired driving charges after crashing through the window of a house in the early hours of Monday morning, June 16. The accident occurred on Archibald Street.
Kimberley RCMP's Cpl. Chris Newel reports that police, as well as the Kimberley Fire Department and B.C. Ambulance, responded to the call which came in at 1:45 a.m.
Newel says the driver failed to negotiate the corner on Archibald Street and crashed through the window causing extensive damage to the house.
"The two occupants of the house were checked by BC Ambulance; one was taken to hospital for further evaluation," Newel said. "The injuries were not serious."
He says an impaired driving investigation was initiated and the woman provided two breath samples of 130 mgs of alcohol in 100 ml blood.
She will appear in court in September.