- Kroeker, Davis to make home Ice debut
- Cale Fleury named Kootenay Ice captain
- City holding budget meetings
- As weather warms up, avalanche risk rises
- The Trudeau honeymoon is over
- Avs’ Koshman named PACWEST Athlete of the Week
- Bennett reflects on busy 2016
- New community choir in formation
- Where there's smoke — there's smoke smuggling
- Where there's snow — there are stolen snowblowers
- School board gives rural education feedback
- RCMP respond to 123 calls over the past week,
- First witness on stand for Bountiful trial
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Police conduct two drug busts in Cranbrook
Cpl Chris Newel
Cocaine and marijuana were seized in two separate drug investigations in Cranbrook on Wednesday, June 4.
Officers executed a search warrant at a residence on 3rd Avenue South and arrested five people.
Cocaine and marijuana were seized and charges of possession of a controlled substance are pending against one person.
In a second investigation, a 44-year-old male from Cranbrook was arrested in a bar on 7th Avenue for trafficking.
A search incidental to arrest found a quantity of cocaine and cash.
The individual has a record for trafficking and is wanted in Alberta on similar charges. He went before a judicial justice of the peace on Thursday, June 5 and has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance on June 16.