- Kootenay Ice opening weekend report card
- Three Kootenay Ice rookies re-assigned
- Wild fun sweeps ‘Battle at the Border’
- Traichevich perfect in Golden weekend
- SAR help hikers off Fisher Peak
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
On strike for a day
Teachers in Cranbrook and throughout the East Kootenay walked the picket line on Monday, May 26,
in the first scheduled rotating one-day strike in B.C. The strike represents the second phase of job action by B.C.
Teachers Federation members. The B.C. government has countered the move with a 10 per cent wage cut for the duration of the
job action and a lockout that means teachers cannot arrive more than 45 minutes before classes begin, must leave within 45 minutes of classes
ending, and cannot work during breaks.