- Ktunaxa make Qat’muk case before Supreme Court of Canada
- Cranbrook RCMP called to 18 collisions since December 3
- Ice take Pats to OT, lose 5-4 at home
- Defence asserts reasonable doubt in Bountiful trial
- No sledding at Idlewild yet, City requests
- Elk Valley man reported missing
- A Festive Feast of Christmas Music
- Our Town
Track and field club athletes return from Kamloops meet
It wasn't a bad outing for a pair of athletes with the East Kootenay Track and Field Club this past weekend in Kamloops.
Becca Bermel and Alex Beek both represented the club at the meet in the Okanagan, setting personal bests in their first event of the year.
Bermel competed in the 100-metre and 200-metre dashes, as well as in the long and triple jump. Beek ran the 800-metre and 400-metre events as well as the high and long jump.
EKTFC head coach James O'Kane also got in on the action with a discus throw.
Both Bermel and Beek were able to record personal bests in almost all of their events.
O'Kane said his two senior athletes did pretty well for their first competition of the year.
"It's a start-of-the-season meet, it brings a lot of top athletes from around the province to that meet," said O'Kane. "So it was a tough meet for them to start and based on the fact that this is their first year training.
"The results that we got back were great. They exceeded my expectations. We set goals for them of what performances we wanted and they beat them in all their events, so as a coach, you can't really ask for more than that."