- Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance now available
- Airport gets $60,000 for concrete upgrades
- City completes deer cull program
- Mayor, MLA react to Ice sale
- First witness on stand for Bountiful trial
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Manic Monday in Cranbrook
- Our Town
JulyFest concerts announced
JulyFest planning is now well underway and many have been eagerly waiting the announcement of which band will play the Civic Centre on Saturday night, July 19. The answer was worth the wait.
Following the huge success with 54-40 last year, the Kimberley Chamber is pleased to announce that two bands have been booked for this year's JulyFest. They are Wide Mouth Mason and Big Sugar.
Mike Guarnery, Chamber manager, and Dave Clark of the JulyFest committee had a long search to find just the right acts and believe they have found them.
Wide Mouth Mason and Big Sugar are touring together this summer.
Formed in Saskatoon in 1995, Wide Mouth Mason consists of Shaun Verreault (lead vocals, guitar), Safwan Javed (percussion, backing vocals), and Gordie Johnson (bass, backing vocals). The pop/rock/blues band has had a number of hits including "Midnight Rain" and "Sugarcane".
Gordie Johnson is the common thread between both bands. He plays bass for Wide Mouth Mason and guitar for Big Sugar, which was formed in 1988.
Big Sugar has put out eight reggae-rock albums including this year's "Eliminate Ya! Live!" Big Sugar has built their reputation as an outstanding live band, often playing without a set list. Band members are Gordie Johnson, guitar/vocals; Garry Lowe, bass; Kelly Mr. Chill Hoppe, harmonica/sax/melodica; Friendlyness, keyboards and Stephane Bodean Beaudin, drums.
Tickets for the show will go on-sale in mid-May at www.julyfest.com.
Concert ticket prices are $45 (plus fees and taxes). All ticket holders must be 19 years of age to enter the show.