- Cranbrook Lilbrary's annual fall book sale begins
- Speeding in school zones a concern
- RCMP investigating 'Fast and Furious' speeding
- Vandalism reported in Community Forest
- Police announce new position to focus on mental health
- Fixing the reputation of our brother the bat
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Doctors moving to new medical centre
Submitted by F.W. Green Medical Centre
The majority of the physicians of the F.W. Green Medical Centre are relocating into the new Baker Street Professional Centre this summer.
The move will see the creation of two separate, smaller family practices, the FW Green Clinic and Fisher Peak Family Practice.
This renovation of the current space into two modern medical clinic spaces with ample parking has allowed for clinic designs with safer and improved accessibility for patients with disabilities or injuries. With these new clinics in place, we are confident that this will improve our chances to attract and retain new family physicians to the area and in so doing deal with the current physician shortage.
The physicians would like to thank all their staff and manager Lorraine Alderson for their professionalism and assistance at this difficult time of transition.
The two clinics will be part of the conversion of the 55,000-square-foot Baker Street Mall into a medical centre with other health care providers.
"Discussions are in progress with various specialists and complimentary practices and will be announced at a later date," said Chad Jensen, president of the Baker Street Professional Centre and New Dawn Developments, which is handling the renovations.
"The response from the medical community has been greater than anticipated. Interest has been great and quicker than expected."
The two family clinics will move into the space previously occupied by Giant Tiger. Demolition is complete, Jensen said, and renovations will begin once permit approvals have been secured from the City of Cranbrook.