- RCMP looking for stolen vehicles
- Mount Baker Music launches season with first concert
- The Week On The Beat: Oct. 17-24
- Ice enter Wheat Kings weekend with optimism
- Nitros head into weekend red hot
- Avs to receive Royal welcome back home
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Nitros dump Riders 7-1 to close out series
With an emphatic 7-1 win over the Fernie Ghostriders on Monday night, the Kimberley Dynamiters closed out the first round of the KIJHL playoffs by winning the series 4-1.
The Dynamiters now face the Creston Valley Thunder Cats in the Eddie Mountain Division final. The T-Cats swept the Columbia Valley Rockies in four games.
The Riders came into Monday's game on life support after suffering a 4-3 OT loss on Saturday to put them in a 3-1 series deficit.
The Nitros kept the foot on the gas, despite giving up the game's first goal. That didn't seem to matter too much as they scored three goals in the second period and four in the third.
Dynamiters goaltender Jeremy Mousseau picked up the win with a meagre 16 saves, while Austin Wells made 21 saves for the Riders.
Kimberley capitalized once in seven powerplay opportunities, while Fernie was shut out on all three of their chances with the man-advantage.
Josh Teves scored five minutes into the game for a quick Fernie lead, which they held for the first period and half of the second.
Then, the Dynamiters exploded.
Tyson Klingspohn tied it up and Tyler Garcia followed up with the go-ahead goal a few minutes afterwards. Jared Marchi added some insurance with 39 seconds left in the frame.
The goals kept coming in the final period, as Jason Richter scored a pair while Bryce Nielsen and Andrew Miller also found the back of the net.
Dynamiters forward Eric Buckley also made a return to the lineup after serving a three-game suspension for a goaltender interference incident in the opening game of the series.