- Kroeker, Davis to make home Ice debut
- Cale Fleury named Kootenay Ice captain
- City holding budget meetings
- As weather warms up, avalanche risk rises
- The Trudeau honeymoon is over
- Avs’ Koshman named PACWEST Athlete of the Week
- Bennett reflects on busy 2016
- New community choir in formation
- Where there's smoke — there's smoke smuggling
- Where there's snow — there are stolen snowblowers
- School board gives rural education feedback
- RCMP respond to 123 calls over the past week,
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Ice relocation rumour untrue
It appears as if the rumours of the Kootenay Ice relocating have been greatly exaggerated.
According to a report out of the Prince George Citizen, which was picked up by blogs on the internet, an unsourced rumour has it that the Kootenay Ice will relocate to Winnipeg next year.
This is the exact same story that came up a year ago; the rumour being that True North Sports and Entertainment—the company that owns the NHL's Winnipeg Jets—had expressed interest in purchasing and relocating the Ice to Manitoba.
Both Jeff Chynoweth, owner of the Ice, and True North Entertainment denied that any meeting or discussions took place then—just as they did so again on Monday.
"The reports are 100 per cent false. Again," Jets director of communications Scott Brown told the Winnipeg Free Press.