- Cranbrook man convicted of 1994 triple slaying hopes new DNA tests clear him
- New agency to fund wildlife conservation
- Kootenay Ice to select second overall at 2017 WHL Bantam Draft
- ‘I’ll bring it back when I’m done’
- Sewer system strained with ground water
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Ice relocation rumour untrue
It appears as if the rumours of the Kootenay Ice relocating have been greatly exaggerated.
According to a report out of the Prince George Citizen, which was picked up by blogs on the internet, an unsourced rumour has it that the Kootenay Ice will relocate to Winnipeg next year.
This is the exact same story that came up a year ago; the rumour being that True North Sports and Entertainment—the company that owns the NHL's Winnipeg Jets—had expressed interest in purchasing and relocating the Ice to Manitoba.
Both Jeff Chynoweth, owner of the Ice, and True North Entertainment denied that any meeting or discussions took place then—just as they did so again on Monday.
"The reports are 100 per cent false. Again," Jets director of communications Scott Brown told the Winnipeg Free Press.