- Kroeker, Davis to make home Ice debut
- Cale Fleury named Kootenay Ice captain
- City holding budget meetings
- As weather warms up, avalanche risk rises
- The Trudeau honeymoon is over
- Avs’ Koshman named PACWEST Athlete of the Week
- Bennett reflects on busy 2016
- New community choir in formation
- Where there's smoke — there's smoke smuggling
- Where there's snow — there are stolen snowblowers
- School board gives rural education feedback
- RCMP respond to 123 calls over the past week,
- First witness on stand for Bountiful trial
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Swim club hits the water at Alberta meet
The Cranbrook Tritons Swim Club had another successful competition recently in Okotoks, with four swimmers notching personal best times and collecting points for their club.
Local athletes Tyler Carter, Shelby Lehmann, Sydney McDonald and Ryan Penney , who are coached by Dave Chisholm, all had top-six results at the meet.
Next up for the club is the B.C. AA provincial championships in Chilliwack at the end of February.
Penney obtained a provincial qualifying time in 50m Freestyle but was unable to qualify in a second event that is necessary to compete at the B.C. championships.
3rd 200m Freestyle
4th 50m Breaststroke
5th 100m Backstroke
4th 50m Freestyle
6th 100m Freestyle
3rd 400m Freestyle
1st 50m Freestyle
3rd 50m Breaststroke
4th 100m Breaststroke
200 m Freestyle