- Ice drop back-to-back games to Wheat Kings
- Avs women sweep Chargers in stellar weekend
- First witness on stand for Bountiful trial
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Pedestrian hit on crosswalk
A pedestrian on a marked crosswalk was struck by a vehicle in Cranbrook on Tuesday, Feb. 4.
According to RCMP, the female pedestrian was crossing 2nd Street North outside Western Financial Place at about 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday when a westbound vehicle collided with her.
Passersby stopped to help the woman, who police said was responsive throughout the incident.
She was taken to East Kootenay Regional Hospital and released the same day.
RCMP said the motorist was issued a traffic ticket "after examination of the scene and corroborating information from witnesses".
"Cranbrook RCMP remind the general public to be cautious approaching all marked crosswalks and intersections, especially when the crosswalk view may be obstructed by other vehicular traffic," said Cpl. Barry Graham.