- Kroeker, Davis to make home Ice debut
- Cale Fleury named Kootenay Ice captain
- City holding budget meetings
- As weather warms up, avalanche risk rises
- The Trudeau honeymoon is over
- Avs’ Koshman named PACWEST Athlete of the Week
- Bennett reflects on busy 2016
- New community choir in formation
- Where there's smoke — there's smoke smuggling
- Where there's snow — there are stolen snowblowers
- School board gives rural education feedback
- RCMP respond to 123 calls over the past week,
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Cardozo through to top 16 on MasterChef Canada
Cranbrook's Danielle Cardozo proceeded to the top 16 in MasterChef Canada's second episode, which aired on CTV on Monday, Jan. 27.
Danielle, who works for ?aq'am (St. Mary's Band) and is a sous chef at the Heid Out Restaurant and Brewhouse, was first announced as a member of the new series' top 50 last month.
The hit TV series, which has been made in 43 different countries, premiered the first Canadian season on Jan. 20.
Danielle did not feature in the first episode, aside from brief shots of her face in the crowd of Top 50 contestants.
But on Monday night's second episode, she featured prominently.
If you haven't watched the episode yet and don't want to know what happens, stop reading now.
The episode never showed Danielle's audition for a white apron, signifying progress past the top 50. Thus we never saw her cook her signature dish, pan-seared miso-glazed rainbow trout, served with ponzu mushrooms and citrus miso broth, which was served at last week's viewing party at the Heid Out.
Then, when the judges came out to address the home cooks who had earned a white apron, there was Cranbrook's very own Danielle Cardozo in the crowd.
About 25 cooks made it to this level, and they were then presented with a "stress test" challenge. At first it looked as if the cooks were going to be asked to butcher a live chicken. Thankfully, the lights came up on a long row of cooking stations, each with an entire raw chicken, a cutting board, a single burner and a sauce pan.