- Kroeker, Davis to make home Ice debut
- Cale Fleury named Kootenay Ice captain
- City holding budget meetings
- As weather warms up, avalanche risk rises
- The Trudeau honeymoon is over
- Avs’ Koshman named PACWEST Athlete of the Week
- Bennett reflects on busy 2016
- New community choir in formation
- Where there's smoke — there's smoke smuggling
- Where there's snow — there are stolen snowblowers
- School board gives rural education feedback
- RCMP respond to 123 calls over the past week,
- Tom Cochrane's Mad Mad World tour hits Cranbrook in February, 2017
- Our Town
Kootenay Ice acquire forward from Kelowna
Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay Ice, today announced the Club has acquired 20-year-old Forward Zach Franko from the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a sixth round pick in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft and a third round pick in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft.
"Heading into the WHL Trade Deadline our primary goal was to add a 20-year-old Forward. We are very excited to add a player with the credentials of Zach Franko. Not only is he a top six forward who will provide much needed offence to our team, but he comes from an organization that knows how to win," added Chynoweth.
Zach Franko was a second round selection (32nd Overall) in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft and is in his fourth season with the Rockets. Franko will be in the ICE line-up this Friday when Kootenay host Edmonton at 7 pm. For tickets please call 250-417-0322.
As a result of Wednesday's transaction the Ice are now carrying 23 players, including two goaltenders, eight defenseman and 13 forwards.
Zach Franko, born March 9, 1993, is from Winnipeg. He plays Left Wing, shoots left, is 5 feet 11 inches, and weighs 181 pounds
He has played with the Kelowna Rockets since the 2010/11 season.